Audition Technique for Film and TV
Dates: April 22, 29 and May 6, 13
Time: 7 PM to 10 PM
Many actors make simple but fatal mistakes because they don’t know what to do when they walk into the casting room or audition on tape. If you were making mistakes in your auditions would you want to know about it?
Creative Studios of Atlanta is offering a four-week class, taught by Ken Feinberg, who played an alien captain on Star Trek’s Enterprise as well as impressive characters on ALIAS, CHARMED, THE DISTRICT and BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.
“Ken Feinberg and I have the benefit of knowing how to audition because we worked in L.A. and learned from the best.” — Alpha Tyler, Casting Director, Tyler Perry Studios
This class emphasizes the importance of on-camera auditioning technique for film and television. The skill of auditioning is often underdeveloped yet is the key to booking any job.
The Wednesday night classes begin April 22, are limited to only 12 students and runs four weeks. Go to www.creativestudiosofatlanta.com and book a class now before all the seats are taken.
Creative Studios of Atlanta Recent Student Bookings
* Stacey Turner booked a role in the new Sandra Bullock movie.
* Kelli Adams went on 2 auditions last week and booked 3 jobs.
* Trish Taylor booked a role in a pilot for an Atlanta Soap “Money, Power & Respect”
* Elle Trapkin booked a modeling job for Pillcam and role in the short film Zanderhorn Rules
* Brittany Susko booked Army Wives
* Judith Franklin booked Georgia Lottery.
* Dorsey Levins, Jimmy Lee Smith, Ashlee Heath, Margo Gaithright-Dietrich and Ken Zirkman booked the feature film Bane of Matthhias
* Sarah Cooper had 7 auditions last week and booked all 7 of them.
* Justin Miles booked 3 weeks on the feature film “The Crazies” and a commercial.
Said Stacey Turner: “I just wanted to let you know I was cast in a role for the upcoming film Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock. I have to say it was one of the tips you gave in the audition class that helped me get the part. I had them laughing in the callback and the Casting Director told me I did a great job. Thanks for your insight into the quirks of casting and what can help a person stand out in the crowd.” — Stacey Turner
For almost 20 years Feinberg has been casting, directing, writing, producing and acting in award-winning films, hit television series and major theater projects in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta. Founder and CEO of Creative Studios of Atlanta, Feinberg has cast commercials, films, TV Pilots, industrials and print in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
As an actor, Feinberg is known to millions of television viewers around the world for his role as Chaos Demon in the richly acclaimed Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He also played impressive characters on other hit series including: ALIAS, Charmed, STAR TREK’S ENTERPRISE and The District.
Creative Studios of Atlanta
500 Bishop Street, Suite F8
Atlanta, GA 30318