Students who join WIFTA between now and April 30, 2009 will receive $10.00 off the regular
WIFTA student membership rate – only $35. Membership gets you access to educational
programs, networking opportunities where you can meet “movers and shakers” in the Atlanta
film, television & entertainment industry, job opportunities and our mentorship program. As a
WIFTA member you are also eligible to apply for the 2009 WIFTA Student Tuition Scholarship
Program. The $1,500.00 scholarship is awarded to a deserving female student based on their
academic standing, artistic talents and commitment to a film-based curriculum. The
scholarship funds will be paid directly to the recipient’s college or university. The winner will
be announced no later than August 25, 2009. This year’s scholarship recipient will be honored
at the 35th Anniversary Gala taking place in Atlanta in October.
DEADLINE: The application deadline is April 30, 2009.
ELIGIBILITY: To qualify, applicants must:
1) be a member of WIFTA,
2) be female,
3) be a student majoring in, or whose primary field of study is film or video at an accredited
Georgia 4 yr. college or university,
4) must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
Completed application form
ResumeA brief essay (500 words or less) highlighting your accomplishments
- A brief essay (500 words or less) explaining your career goals
- A Letter of Recommendation from an advisor or faculty member
- Proof of current enrollment
- A short sample of your work on DVD, 5 min or less
TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION: Visit www.wifta.org.